SUKABUMI REGENCY-West Java Provincial Government through the West Java Province Tourism and Culture Office (Disparbud) for the fourth time, again held Ciletuh Palabuhanratu Geopark Festival (CGF) 2018, on 12-14 October 2018. It was used as a venue for geotourism trials.
The event titled Celebration of Earth is an expression of gratitude because the Geopark Ciletuh Palabuhanratu has been recognized in the Global Geopark UNESCO network.
Head of West Java (Disparbud) Ida Hernida said this form of gratitude was celebrated in the series of three festival days. On October 12 the Earth Thanksgiving event was held at Kasepuhan Sinar Resmi and Tabligh Akbar in Panenjoan. "For the Culture and Tourism Exhibition in Panenjoan, it will be held on October 13-14, 2018," she told reporters in Panenjoan Village, Sukabumi District, Saturday (10/13/2018).
Ida said the geotourism trial was one of the targets for the implementation of CGF2018 to increase tourism vigor in the Ciletuh Palabuhanratu UNESCO Global Geopark region. Therefore in addition to activities in the main venue, are spread across 18 Geosark Ciletuh Palabuhanratu geosite areas, are Kasepuhan Sinar Resmi, Cisolok Geyser, Citepus Beach, Geopark Information Center, Palabuhanratu Beach, Bagbagan Bridge, Nam Hai Kwan Monastery Se Im Pu Sa, Loji Beach, Gebang Peak, Darma Peak, Aher Peak, Girimukti Cultural Village, Panenjoan, Manik Peak, Cinta Hill, Panyawangan Hill, Palangpang Beach, Leuwi Kenit.
"Organizers provide daytour tour packages and half-day tours can be followed by tourists who attend CGF2018," She said.
For accommodation, said Ida, tourists may choose to stay at a homestay, or bring their own tent in the camping area in CGF2018.
According to Ida, more than 6000 participants will enliven CGF2018 consists of 300 artists, involving performers from abroad, with monumental activities to break the world record for Jipeng Dance, was attended by more than 5000 participants and predicted to bring more than 15,000 tourists during the event.
The event was supported by the Ministry of Tourism of the Republic of Indonesia, Sukabumi District Government, more than 10 hotels in the Ciletuh Palabuhanratu Geopark area, and supported by more than 25 communities and tourism associations.
Ciletuh Palabuhanratu Geopark Festival which consists of Art, Culture and Adventure Festival has more than 30 series of activities, including:
- Geobike: Tourism activities come to geosite points in the Ciletuh Palabuhanratu UNESCO Global Geopark, activities will begin at Kasepuhan Sinarresmi and end at Panenjoan.
- Geotrail Run: Cross-country running activities at geosite points around Panenjoan
- Geotrack Games: Adventure and education activities at geosite points around Panenjoan are supported by YNS.
- Geotubbing River Adventure: A series of adventure activities consisting of tubbing, high rope, tracking, at Leuwi Kenit
- Geotouring: A series of touring activities around Geopark Ciletuh Palabuhanratu to the main venue of CGF2018 in Panenjoan, and ending with camping at Palangpang Beach, supported by the Automotive VES and Offpak community.
- Geocamp Music Adventure: Camping activities of local Geopark Ciletuh Palabuhanratu musicians accompanied by musical performances on the beachfront of Palangpang
- Geosky: Action 3 Paramotor during the opening of CGF2018 supported by the Paramotor Association of Indonesia
- Geoclimb: Action of raising a giant flag with the logo of Ciletuh Palabuhanratu UNESCO Global Geopark on the edge of the Geopark Ciletuh Palabuhanratu supported by the Discover Jampang community, Vertical Rescue Indonesia, and Srikandi Nusantara,
- Geotourism Wave Whitewater: Whitewater tourism activities in Citepus Palabuhanratu Beach.
- Mural Festival: A competition to paint wall murals at the Geopark Information Center at Citepus Palabuhanratu Beach
- CGF2018 Photography Competition
- CGF2018 Trash Painting Competition
"There are also CGF2018 Drawing and Coloring contests, CGF2018 Vlog competition, Instagram Challenge, Article Writing, Fairy Tales Festival, Coffee Festival and Geopark Exhibition," she concluded. (Pun)