JAKARTA-Acting (Pj.) West Java Governor H. Mochamad Iriawan attended the inauguration of the Association Board of the Provincial Governments of Indonesia (APPSI). Inauguration is done directly by the Minister of Home Affairs (Minister of Home Affairs) RI Tjahjo Kumolo.
This inaugural event coupled with the Working Meeting of APPSI and Halal Bihalal Home Affairs together with the Governor of Indonesia and held at Hotel Borobudur, Jakarta, Monday (2/7/18).
Based on the Decree (SK) of the Association of Provincial Governments of Indonesia Number: 008 / APPSI / V / 2018 on the Improvement of the Management of APPSI. The composition of the APPSI Executive Board, namely:
- Chairman: East Java Governor Soekarwo,
- Vice Chairman: Central Sulawesi Governor Longki Djanggola,
- First Chief of Law and Government: Governor of West Sumatra Irwan Prayitno,
- Chairman II for Economy and People's Welfare: Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan,
- Member / Area Coordinator of Java: Banten Governor Wahidin Halim,
- Member / Area Coordinator of Sumatra: Riau Islands Governor Nurdin Basirun,
- Member / Area Coordinator of Kalimantan: Central Kalimantan Governor Sugianto Sabran,
- Member / Sulawesi Regional Coordinator: Gorontalo Governor Rusli Habibie, and
- Member / East Indonesia Regional Coordinator: West Papua Governor Dominggus Mandacan.
In his direction, Minister of Home Affairs Tjahjo Kumolo said that APPSI should play a role in strengthening synergy and inter-regional connectivity. APPSI is very strategic, especially related to inter-regional policy coordination. Eg food logistics problem or water resources management.
"The importance of this forum (APPSI) for coordination, building synergy and connectivity between regions," said Tjahjo.
Thus, APPSI is expected to be a platform for leadership interaction at the national level. This can be done through the management of the provincial government and the management of local potentials for the welfare of the community. The aim is to realize clean, effective, confident, creative, and responsible regional government for the success of the regional autonomy program (otda).
Meanwhile, Chairman of APPSI Soekarwo revealed that the peg has meaning APPSI must continue to improve its duties and functions as a cooperation organization and partnership relationship between provinces. In addition, APPSI also serves as a liaison holder between the central government and district / city governments.