BANDUNG - West Java Governor Ahmad Heryawan confirmed 7 Temporary Chiefs (Pjs) of Regents and Mayors in West Java Province on Wednesday (14/2).
This is done as a follow up of the MOHA letter which appoints seven Echelon II officials to become Pjs because the Regent / Mayor is running a leave of absence from the state responsibility in order to implement the campaign in 2018 simultaneous elections.
Appointment of Pjs is done in order to avoid vacancy of office so that the sustainability of government in each region still implemented.
The Seven Provisional Officials (Pjs) confirmed are:
1. Muhammad Solihin, Administrative Assistant Secretary of West Java Province became Pjs Mayor of Bandung since February 15 - June 23, 2018.
2. R. Ruddy Gandakusumah, Head of National Unity and Politics of West Java Province became Pjs Mayor of Bekasi since 15 February to 10 March 2018.
3. Sumarwan Hadisoemarto, Head of Regional Personnel Agency of West Java Province became Pjs Regent Sumedang since February 15 to June 23, 2018.
4. Dady Iskandar, Head of Social Service and Development Bureau of West Java Provincial Secretariat as Pjs Regent of Subang since February 15 - June 23, 2018.
5. Deddi Mulyadi as Pjs Regent of Ciamis since 15 February - 23 Jun 2018.
6. Koesmayadie Tatang Padmadinata, Government Assistant and Welfare Secretariat of West Java Province became Pjs Garut Regent from 15 February to 23 June 2018.
7. Dedi Taufikurohman, Head of Department of Transportation of West Java Province to Pjs Mayor of Cirebon since 15 February - 16 April 2018.
The Governor said that this inauguration is the mandate of the Minister of Home Affairs Number T.131 / 1209 / OTDA dated February 12, 2018 which mandates that the Governor shall inaugurate the Acting Regent / Mayor Regent no later than 14 February 2018 in the Provincial Capital. This is in line with the provisions of Article 4 Permendagri Number 74 Year 2016 jo. Permendagri Number 1 Year 2018 that must be appointed Acting Regent (Pjs) Regent / Mayor until the completion of the campaign period, when the regional head and deputy head of the region ran for the election. The governor has proposed candidates for Pjs since January 18, 2018.
"Alhamdulillah, the Minister of Home Affairs Decree on the Appointment of Regent / Mayor Regent has been handed over one day before the campaign period, so there is no vacancy," Aher said.
The 2018 election campaign period commences from February 15 to June 23, 2018. In the Minister's mandate, the Governor advised that the Inaugurated Admitters should be able to carry out their duties and authority as best as they lead the execution of government affairs which are the regional authority, maintaining the peace and order of the community as well as maintaining the neutrality of civil servants.
Pjs Regent / Mayor may conduct deliberations of the draft regulation and may sign the local regulation and fill out the officers after obtaining written approval from the Minister of Home Affairs. (vitlutfaus)