BANDUNG-Deputy for Protocol, Press and Media Secretariat of the President
Bey Machmudin, Sunday (3/9) night, issued a release related to the statement of President Joko Widodo about the action of violence and humanitarian crisis in Rakhine state. This is the complete statement.
1.I and all the people of Indonesia, we deplore the violence that occurred in Rakhine State, Myanmar.
2. Need a real action that is not just a statement of criticism. And the government is committed continuously to help overcome the humanitarian crisis, synergize with the power of civil society in Indonesia as well as the international community.
3. I have assigned the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia to establish intensive communication with various parties including the Secretary General of the United Nations Mr. Antonio Guterres and the Special Advisory Committee for Rakhine State, Mr. Kofi Annan.
4. And this afternoon the Minister of Foreign Affairs has traveled to Myanmar, to request the government of Myanmar to stop and prevent violence, to provide protection to all citizens including Muslims in Myanmar, and to provide access to humanitarian aid.
5. For the handling of humanitarian aspects of the conflict, the government has sent food and medicine aid. This is in January and February as many as 10 containers.
6. Also has built a school in Rakhine State and also will soon build a hospital that will begin next October at Rakhine State.
7. Indonesia has also accommodated the refugees and provided the best assistance.
8. I also assigned the Minister of Foreign Affairs to fly to Dhaka, in Bangladesh, in order to provide humanitarian assistance to the needs of refugees residing in Bangladesh.
We hope this week we will send more food and medicine aid.
9. Once again, violence, this humanitarian crisis must be stopped immediately.